Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Am I being overambitious? I want to become a doctor AND an animator?

I'm a sophomore in college right now, I'm turning 18 years old and trying organize my life in my head, and I'm taking a pre-med course because my dad forced me into it. I wasn't really into it at first, but now I'm used to all the memorizing and science stuff. I'm interested in the aesthetic point of things, so I was thinking of taking this thing my dad forced me into, into something I could love so I was thinking I should aim to become a plastic surgeon. So that's plan 1. A few days ago I was looking through my old sketchbooks and art was really my first love, I've been depressed lately because..well I have no talent anywhere else (I've tried dancing, signing, gymnastics..A LOT of things). I remember as a kid, I'd draw for hours, I'd draw people, cartoons, animals, just anything. I can even just look at something once and draw it exactly without looking back at it. It was my dream to work at an animation studio as a kid, I worked so hard like, I'd practice drawing story boards, character concepts, character backgrounds as a kid from the age of 4 up to now. I just really enjoy it! Looking back at that now, I know I HAVE to become an animator, or at least work in an animation studio somehow. So, is it possible? Can I do this? I'm prepared to do all the work I need, go to med school by day, art school by night, work on my portfolio while im doing my residency/studying my specialty (plastic surgery)

No comments:

Post a Comment