Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Problem W/ local theater, some insight?

I'm going to apologize right now for the length of this one. Okay, so the story goes my brother wqas crazy shy, but he found this little tiny theater program that put on plays in this 10 by 10 foot theater, and my brother found his love for drama in it, along with his confidance. A few more people join the theater, along with some parents, it gets a little bigger and they move to aan old movie theater, where they keep on putting on productions, the parents run the concessions and the place starts making a hundred bucks or so on every show they put on, the community is good with it.It is a volenteer program, and some realy great kids join, like my bother to find their confidance, and do. Then a pair of really creepy adults Join. The theater was started by Chuck and megan, who are very nice, but have no creep-o-meter what so ever. Creepy guy # one takes over tech stuff, and brings with him a bunch of creepy 15 year old kids who do tech as well, it starts to change the feel of the theater a little, but not bad since they were behind the scenes, problem being if you were to volenteer to do tech now, you had to pass creepy guy's assesment of you, and you haad no choice but to work with his set of obnoxious creeples. Now creepy guy # 2 shows up. He is a rich old dude, and he starts taking over concessions, what were chips and candy are now candy bar and wine. A kid is charged twice as much for a candy bar as an adult girl is. His little set of sluts starts hanging out smoking in front of the theater, getting rid of the family feel of the theater completly. Creepy guy # 2 starts calling it his theater, and now almost all of the good kids that were in the program have now dropped out because of the 2 creepy guys. Now, creepy guy #1 drops away from the theater because Chuck and megan get mad at him, taking with him the house crew, all the lights that the theater owned, and rocky. This was the first move in the right direction for the theater. Now, here is where my brother offers to run the theater for the next year, do the bills and such for them, and I offer to take over tech for them. I know this seems like we were offering to replace creeepy guy one, but our intentions are simply to help the theater, and we are not aiming for a monoply over the theater like they are. When my bro and I told chuck and megan that we would like to step in, they said yes, certainly. And we told them, along w/ several members of the community, that creepy guy needed to go, along with his alcohol and smoking sluts, and they said that they didn't think it would be that big a deal if creepy guy # 2 stayed. Now, my brother graduates highschool, and having planned on working at the theater for a year, he has nothing to do, and is somewhat up a creek with out a paddle because he had always planned on doing this. The theater is falling apart and becoming an eyesore because chuck and megan won't work on it, an dall the while I have been watching from the sidelines, and now I'm wondering what I Should do. I feel like chuck and megan might listen to me, but not if I'm a lone voice. My brother has tried to tell them about their problems too, but we aren't enough. Now I need a way to convince chuck and megan get rid of creepy guy#2 without pissing him off, because he is the kind of guy that would come back with a gun. i really do want the best for the theater, but right now they are headed for hell. What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment